Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Friday, September 02, 2005

Hurricanes and Whirlwinds

When you read the title of this blog, you probably thought to yourself: more about Hurricane Katrina. Well, you're mostly wrong. I'm hear to tell you of Whirlwind Katie, which is what my life has been the past couple of weeks. Over the last few weeks I have moved, helped four of my brothers/sisters to move, saw my brother get married, visited Baltimore, attended a Peabody opening reception, went to Washington DC, saw the Lincoln Memorial, went to the art museum, drove across country (36 hours), listened to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in its entirety on tape, toured Oberlin campus, played guitar on a completely stopped freeway for half-an-hour, started school, saw Raging Bull and Querelle, and much, much, more.
But now I'm back and settling into my school schedule, starting up my nanny job again, and getting back into some heavy reading. I'm really liking living with Janelle and think it will be a good experience for both of us. Finally I feel that I live somewhere that I can call "my place", or more appropriately, "our place". This comes with some responsibilities that I am actually finding quite nice and refreshing. Don't get me wrong, this probably won't last long, but for now it's great.
My day-to-day life will has and will definitely change this year. David and Melissa are the only ones at home, Emily's across the country, I live with Janelle, live in the city, and work in Park City. But I'm almost always fond of change and love the outlook from here. Hope you all are doing as well as I, and if not, come over and we can watch a movie from the Tower together. You know I'm always up for that. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home