July 25th
Well, today was full of canoeing, hiking, and swimming. It was great and the kids had a good time. I learned, among other things, that you shouldn't fish with worms because the fish swallow them and so you often rip their insides when trying to retrieve the line, making it very difficult to return them safe and untraumatized back into the water. Bet you didn't know that. :) When I am independently wealthy I shall buy a canoe and live on the water for a while.
After work I met Janelle at our potential new apartment at The Chateau. My room is much smaller than the one I have now, the rent is higher, and I'm a little wary about living with her, but the location is fabulous, it has air conditioning (thank God, perhaps I will sleep next summer) and the people seem chill. I'll find out in the next couple days whether or not we'll get it for sure.
I think I might have missed the deadline for signing up to be an independent research assistant which means I'll have to find another job. AHHHH!! I hate myself sometimes. But I'm sure it will all work out in the end. And if it doesn't, I'll be living in a van down by the river. I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of my car. Obviously this means getting a job within walking distance and quitting my nanny job. And if I sign this lease, it looks like I'm not moving away this year. Alas, perhaps now is not the time.

2 Comments:
AHHHHH!! Dude!!! Don't sign. Get rid of your car and move to Baltimore. Dont be rash.
gotta run, love ya
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home