Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Parking

After a day full of contemplation, cleaning, and a whole lot of Sex and the City, I missed my date with Erica. Didn't hear my phone. So at 10:00 I called Nic because I was all dressed up with no where to go. We went to a show and the band was good. They did a jazz number, the keyboard player put on a fun show, and the crowd was great. I thought the sax player kept looking my way suspiciously often; turns out he's married. Desperate women always imagine things. :)

On the way home I was thinking about how unsettled I feel. I had parked my car in a spot that I considered safe, and came out of the show to find a $25.00 parking ticket on my windshield. I decided to stop by the Coffee Garden for an iced soy chai to soothe my mind and think. Turns out it was closed. Then I tried hopping on the freeway: on-ramp closed. I decided to stop by a gas station before hopping on the freeway. Right as I was about to switch lanes and make a quick turn, a car whizzed by preventing me from going. By then I was practically already on the freeway. All I had wanted tonight was for someone to say, or make me feel like I was important in some way. The whole day I had been getting dirty looks from strangers. I finally made it to the 7-11 right by my house and got a cup of coffee. I'm in there pretty frequently. The guy at the counter and I chatted for a bit. I asked him how he liked his graveyard shift, and he said, "An attrative customer comes in every once in a while, so that makes it worth it." I smiled and showed him my teeth as I walked out happy, and feeling at home. How much should you drive around before you choose a parking spot?


1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Jane Price said...

"All I had wanted tonight was for someone to say, or make me feel like I was important in some way." I thought of your post a couple days ago when life sucked for a couple hours and that's how I felt. Oh =( Wo is me. I'm fine =) Love you, hope your having fun in CALI and you miss me like the desert misses the rain. Cue:for you to break out into song

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home