The day before tomorrow
Well, I'm halfway through my first real day at school. So far, so good. I havea little break now since all my classes are ending early, so I figured I'd give you all an update. I was surprised by my syllabus for my Shakespeare class. I expected to be reading a play a week and writing a 2-3 pg. paper on each play. Not the case. We have 2 weeks for each play and only 3 papers a semester. So, is this a good or a bad thing? Both. It will be less stressful and we will be able to delve into the plays more. But on the other hand, I will not have as much exposure to Shakespeare's plays as I would like. Sure, I read quite a bit in high school since I was in theatre as well as English, but hey, there's still a lot I have not read. He (Mark Matheson) picked plays based on current issues. In other words, he chose plays that deal heavily with topics that cohere with current hot topics: war, what money means in a capitalist society and how that effects social aspects of culture, success, etc. Hopefully it will be a good experience. Oh! I almost forgot to mention. Who else is in the class but Brent and Mike? Ahh...it's swell to be me. All will be fine though since my friend Rob is in there with me so at least I have someone to sit with. It's a large class and half the people in their are English Education majors. The seats had numbers on them, which made me feel like I was in prison camp. I love public education!!!!
I am also taking a class from Craig Dworkin, who prior readers of my blog have probably heard of. He is the reason why I got into Wittgenstein, and is the source of much inspiration. :) Anyway, I know that class will be fabulous. I already know about half of the people in there, which should make it lots of fun.
After this I have two feminism classes. Watch out boys, and prepare to feel my wrath!!!!!! jk I am really excited for these to, and I will be sure to keep you all posted. Ha ha, "posted". Get it? I'll keep you posted via posts???? Sometimes I kill myself. And sometimes my jokes just aren't good. But usually I just kill myself. :)
Tomorrow my brother gets married. The old ball and chain. It ain't gonna be pretty. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home