Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Friday, August 12, 2005

Is there anything else?

I know I've been a blog-slacker. I apologize. Here is a reply I posted to someone on another blog hosting site. Thought it might interest some of you.

I completely had one of those days today. If life is really just about amusement, finding creative ways to spend our time (even that phrase, "spend time", is quite strange to me), and occupying time, then I think I'm out. The conclusion I usually reach is that it's about more than that, and that "someting more" ultimately boils down to relationships. I'm beginning to think that life is about building relationships with people, the land (one that can last ), and future people (this would include that age old phrase "making the world a better place"). That is not to say that I think striving to do all these things necessarily brings everyone happiness. I'm convinced that happiness is found in as many different ways as there are people. For instance, I'm not happy unless I feel that I am always learning and growing, but I don't think that's true for all people. Anyway, my point was just this: sometimes I feel the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Jane Price said...

I agree with you completely on the whole relationships bit. That's what life's "about." At first I thought I'd ask you: If you don't mean "brings happiness" then what do you mean by "about?" But I think you mean "gives meaning."

And by "sometimes I feel the same," do you mean that sometimes the whole relationships bit doesn't do it for you either? Just clarifyin. . . .

Uncle Dave says "Hi, where are ya? Uncle Dave wants to see you" =)

8:36 AM  
Blogger KP said...

"Sometimes I feel the same" was simply a note to the person who I was replying to. I was just letting him know that his post didn't express only his feelings, but mine as well.

When did you talk to Uncle Dave?

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home