Jury Summons
Well, on Monday night I have to call in to see if I must report for jury duty this Tuesday. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole situation. Part of me is annoyed that I would have to miss work, but feel it is some sense my duty. Afterall, if no one submitted to jury duty, what would happen? Would a single judge be relied upon to make the decision? Twelve opinions are better than one. Then, the other part of me screams, "Screw the system!" I never asked to be a part of it and you have no right to demand my time. I wonder what it will be like if I really do have to serve on a jury. Anywho, I guess I'll just wait to see how the cards play out.

1 Comments:
Is this post truly appropriate for Independence Day weekend?
I'm with Cat here. I do wonder who ends up serving on juries. It seems like you can get out of it for having a good job, being in school, reading the paper, or watching the news too much, having a strict value system, strong politcal beliefs, etc.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home