As for the rest of the week....
Tuesday I went to Janelle's on my way home from work. We talked logistics of perhaps moving in together. I'm not sure it will work out, but she seems to really want it to. I think we're just looking for something different. On Wednesday we went to Raging Waters, and Hannah came along. I hope she had a good time; she got a small glimpse into my job. Then it was off to our reading group. Not many people had read the materials so we just had a sort of social hour. Why am I always in a life crisis? That's what happened at last week's meeting: I began, again, to doubt everything. The meeting was nice and I goofed off a bit. On Tuesday Rob had mentioned, just in passing, that Anndrea was pro-choice. At the meeting I asked him if he would explain to me why. He wouldn't. I told him I didn't want to fight, I was just curious. I've never talked to someone who was pro-choice, so I wanted to hear the reasoning behind it. He was firm however, and said he didn't want to discuss it. That's fine, but it made me reevaluate. I want to be the type of person that anyone would feel comfortable talking to about anything. What sort of image do I present, or what have I done in the past to make others feel hesitant to talk? I suppose it's just hard to have others believe you're open-minded (in the sense that you will seriously consider others' opinions and treat them with respect) when you're a fairly vocal and opiniated person. After the group, Hannah came over and we watched Rocky Horror Picture Show . It wasn't as great as I remember it being in highschool. This doesn't mean that it's not rent-worthy, it just felt different the other night. Perhaps it was because of my mood.
Today, we had Lunastix and swimming. The head guy of Lunastix is so great with the kids, not to mention hot as hell. He taught me how to throw a frisbee. Jen got in a fender bender, and overall did not have a good day. She is great, and I really enjoy working with her and Salli. It's a much better situation than last year. Then we went swimming at Fairmont, an indoor pool. I got to swim some laps and it felt amazing. Came home to find that my account was $150 overdrawn; don't ask me how. Finished watching Magnolia finally. The end was not nearly as good as the beginning, and so I was a bit disappointed. I give it a B for creativity, great editing, and a good cast. I'm a bit depressed tonight. Some days I feel invisible, as cliche as that is. I want to be grounded. More and more I find myself wanting to drift into the life of a man. I forgot to mention before that Megan inspired me to start writing some more poetry. Hopefully, I will also have a new short story in the next month.
Today, we had Lunastix and swimming. The head guy of Lunastix is so great with the kids, not to mention hot as hell. He taught me how to throw a frisbee. Jen got in a fender bender, and overall did not have a good day. She is great, and I really enjoy working with her and Salli. It's a much better situation than last year. Then we went swimming at Fairmont, an indoor pool. I got to swim some laps and it felt amazing. Came home to find that my account was $150 overdrawn; don't ask me how. Finished watching Magnolia finally. The end was not nearly as good as the beginning, and so I was a bit disappointed. I give it a B for creativity, great editing, and a good cast. I'm a bit depressed tonight. Some days I feel invisible, as cliche as that is. I want to be grounded. More and more I find myself wanting to drift into the life of a man. I forgot to mention before that Megan inspired me to start writing some more poetry. Hopefully, I will also have a new short story in the next month.

4 Comments:
"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. Sunshine almost always makes me smile." Let's go swimming eh? As for inspiring writings, make sure and post em. As for a life crisis, what's going on? And as for Rocky Horror Picture Show, that has always been a terrible movie, even in highschool. Love you =)
Rocky Horror has NOT always been a terrible movie. Blasphemy! Blasphemy!
Sometimes when people won't talk, it has little to do with you, and more to do with their own insecurities about their opinions. Many have "opinions" because their friends do, their parents do, or it's merely the in thing to do. I wouldn't put so much on your own shoulders.
About feeling depressed, feel free to call/ or email. I'm always here to help. I know it can help to talk to someone.
Michael,
I wasn't talking about Steel Magnolias, but that's ok. I might give that movie a B for the sheer fact that it made me cry when I was little and has so many good memories that go with it.
Tell me why I wouldn't want to live more like a man (not being one? I'd be very interested to hear what you say and am glad you found your way over to my blog! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home