Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Finale!

Well, it's that time again: finals!!!!! Tuesday is my last day of class and I am completely overwhelmed. Before Tuesday morning I have to read most of books 3-12 of Paradise Lost. Yes, ladies and gentleman of the jury, you read it right, books. They are much to long to be called chapters, not to mention it's written in the model of epic poetry (Illiad, Odyssey, Aenied) and also uses Latin grammatical structure while being written in English. In other words, it's hard as diamonds to read. But it is extremely fascinating and I recommend it highly to anyone interested in theology. I also have to write a 2-3 page paper on a John Donne poem. (Known as one of the most intellectual poets in history.) I must finish Nightwood, written by the female James Joyce. (If you know anything about James Joyce I need not explain the depth, difficulty, and beauty of her writing.) I need to read the last 200 pages of Desert Solitaire and write a 3 page paper on wilderness. I also must prepare for a final on Renaissance literature. And hear I am writing a blog... :) Good thing I love all this stuff, otherwise I would have committed suicide long ago! Oh, and did I mention I have to work all day tomorrow?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, but just think, it will all come and go, no more slowly or quickly than your regular days and then it will all be over, and summer will have arrived!! Besides, only six pages of writing? That's WEAK!!! I'll pass you a quick 10 of my research paper if you get bored. There's PLENTY more where that came from.

Speaking of my research paper, if anyone is interested in Globalization and Education there is a really good online book by Joel H. Spring. Its called something like, "Globalization and Education: an intercivilizational analysis." It's a very good text and an interesting read.

Good luck, stay sane, eat more cheescake.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jared Orme said...

"Hard as Diamonds." I like that. More accurate than "hard as hell" or anything else used there -- are hell or feces hard?

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home