Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Monday, April 18, 2005

Hold the Phone

I may just have a feasible thesis idea on my hands! Of course, in this plan is included the plant to do two, something obviously worth mulling over a bit. But what the hell! Craig said I needed to find something I didn't want to just sleep with, but could live with for a year, and I think I may have one ladies and gentleman.
Obviously I'll be narrowing this down a bit, but the question is: Is poetry, as Wittgenstein asserts, as summarized by Marjorie Perloff, "irreplaceable language"? Is all language irreplaceable? And if not, what constitutes replaceable language? Words that adhere strictly to Webster's definition? Is poetry then nothing but the (re)creation of words and language?
Right now my thoughts are unorganized, but hopefully they will soon be un-organ-ized.
Earth bless Rodrigo Toscano!!!
http://www.chicagopostmodernpoetry.com/Rodrigo.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home