Intro
Well, against by better judgment and against my love for livejournal, I have decided to create a blog here to appease my sisters.
Today I spent the whole day studying things that don't really pertain to any of my course work. (Finals are in less than two weeks by the way. This is not the time to do intellectual meandering.) And then I went and say Bird Catcher in Hell a Buddhist morality play utilizing puppets extensively. It was grand and the main characters escaped hell by reciting "Form is emptiness and emptiness is form", which as an English major, of course gave me a thrill. The line "only words can save us" was also of interest. Good thing I had background knowledge of Buddhism and cormorant fishing because otherwise I might of been like that annoying girl in back of me constantly whispering to her boy toy stupid comments like, "This is foolishness", "Is this a Buddhist play?", and "Oh! They're in hell!" near the end of the show.
I also saw Bill Poore there (worked closely on Torch Song Trilogy a famous gay play) without his hot and half-his age bf. :)
I suppose I should offer a sort of intro to those of you who may want to lurk on my blog. I'm an English major with lots of other interests including, but not limited to: art history, film, gender studies and philosophy. Right now it looks like I'll make my living by reading medieval texts and literary theory (1960-present) while reading 20th and 21st century poetry for fun. Who knows where that will take me. Well, that's all for now. I'm off to finish Lolita, one of my favorite books btw.

3 Comments:
I also like Good Will Hunting and Amelie. See -- we're not so different.
The guy at the computer next to me is reviewing for a biology final by looking at powerpoint slides of diagrams and photos of reproductive organs.
YAY!!!!! I'm, I'm, (wiping fake tears from my face) I'm so happy.
"No we're really not that different, me and you!"
gotta love Colin Raye
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home