Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Semester in Review

Well, as some of you may have noticed, I didn't keep up with my 2x a week postings of school matters, but hey, I did pretty well for a while there. Anyway, here's a quick review of my semester, not that anybody cares but me. :)

I started to learn German. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. (I speak a little German.) Ich habe Deutsch gestudieret. (I studied German.) Ich mag Deutsch. Es ist sehr schon. Meine Bruder spricht auch ein bisschen Deutsch. Yeah, I'm done..... Next semester it's off to 1020 and then to Germany or Vienna in the summer, where I'll really get my freak on. Yeah for me!!!!

Introduction to feminist theory was awesome. I was familiar with most of the ideas, but I learned a lot of vocabulary so I can articulate my thoughts better. It was nice to be able to put a name to my views. I can now, with a fair sense of confidence, say that I am a classical liberal radical feminist. Isn't that great? :)

Political feminism was cool. I learned a lot of things I didn't now, and hadn't been exposed to before. My final paper was a foucauldian analysis of John Locke. Man, I love Foucault. If he was still alive and I saw him walking around one day I'd go up to him and give him a big hug. He's so bad ass. That's about it... ask me if you're more interested.

Shakespeare sucked, but it did give me and Rob a few good things to laugh about.

Modern poetry with Craig was of course awesome. Today's class was probably my favorite. That Craig Dworkin does some pretty crazy shit. I'm so glad he came to the University of Utah. He's slowly but surely making me want to study poetry for the rest of my life. I was exposed to some GREAT stuff, that I'm sure I'll love forever: Oppen, Ponge, Bunting. Better than sex, way better than money, and way way better than Robert Frost. Man, I hate him.

Next semester will be interesting, since I'm doing a bunch of independent projects. It's gonna kick my trash, but I think it will be worth it. I still wonder sometimes if this is how I want to spend my life, but I guess that's just the human condition. As of now, I'm gonna keep rockin' this shit and trying to love every minute of it.

On a more personal note: I moved in with Janelle right before the semester began. I think it's been a good experience for both of us, at least I hope it has for her. Nicole and I have gotten a lot closer, which is awesome, cuz so it she. I been getting reacquainted with old friends from high school, and feel like my group of school friends have gotten a lot closer, specifically Rob who has become a really good friend. And you Megan. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was interesting to read your semester in review. I want to know what kind of feminist I am!! and I don't know that I would mind studying poetry for the rest of my life either. I told you about my new L of G book. I'm pretty excited about it. I bought a Chopin CD (Ashkanzy . . . yum)along with it to create an entire atmoshpere of unearthly indulgence. Should be good. Lay off the swearing, OK. :)
Love you and miss you. How was Christmas?

10:25 AM  
Blogger Emily Jane Price said...

lol, (sigh) sisters =) group hug

Oh where oh where has my li'l sister gone? Oh where oh where oh where can she be? For she has not posted for many moons gone. Oh where oh where can she be?

miss you.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Emily Jane Price said...

Love you passionately!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Emily Jane Price said...

Are you kidding? this post is STILL the most recent

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home