Park City Psychotics
So, I've been meaning to post this for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. It's official: if you aren't aware, there is an entire new race of people here in Utah, I want to call them the Park City Psychotics. I had my first day of work in Park City a little over three weeks ago. On the drive there, I saw a silver BMW with a liscense plate PRK CITY. I knew I was entering a world of pomp. I have nothing against loving one's city, but to have the name of that city on your liscense plate? A bit much if you ask me. A few days after this I was watching Conan O'Brien, when the guest star announced that he lived in Park City, and proceeded to rave about it. Then, a few days later I was flipping through channels in my Murray apartment, only to discovery a channel, PCT (I believe). Yes, that stands for Park City TV! (As if they deserved their own genre.) My interest peeked, I watched it for a while. Wow, I tell you what, wow! I tell you, they're an entirely different animal. Even though what locals try to portray is a place where everyone is always mountain biking, hiking, or doing extreme sports, while their disgustingly loyal and behaved dogs support them, the truth of the matter is, most of the people there (at least in my short experiences there) are completely rude and pompous. Sure, if you live there the woods, a bike trail, ski resort, and plenty of unique shops are all within walking distance, it just doesn't make up for the attitude of the people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home