Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Fecund Fragments


In the beginning
all lies were made of....paper.
Parchment.......spewed
from mouths
so quickly
I, frantically, could only
catch it in
fecund fragments.


Waste
......., mashed, pasted,
turned into....daily news
that I, incessantly,
digested
paper mache lining
.....esophagus
.....intestines
.....:
tainting everything
that had passed through
..............my ears.


I heard my traced.....paper
trimmings.
But yours I,....neatly,
only touched,
laid out......collages:
phrases begetting pictures
.....begetting pictures
........begetting pictures
...........begetting pictures.
Fecundity........too much,
I framed them
on my....wall –
so I could tell you
goodbye.


***Those dots are spaces. How DO you do one space in HTML?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate Mecham said...

 & nbsp;

(just don't put a space between the "&" and the "n")

1:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this poem. Great imagery. It's amazing how indentation and spacing (formatting) a poem can change the way it reads so much. This poem reads musically, especially when you compare it to your December 29th post in which part of the poem is written in paragraph style. Thanks for posting.

~Kelli (old friend of Nate & Jared...that's how I got here;)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home