Irreplaceable Language

That sheet stuff/'s a lot a cheese

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Party

Well,
Last night I hosted a small get together at my play. Dan, against my better judgment, is going into the army and he leaves on Tuesday for fourn months. So in some ways we did it to send him off. It went much better than I thought it would. We had a great turnout; everyone stayed and seemed to have a lot of fun. I've decided, and Emily along with me, that throwing parties is really an art. Even if it's a smaller get together like the one I had last night, everything has to be just right for it to run smoothly. Wierd, but true. It was awesome to have everyone here. Laura brought her 11 day old baby Rya, who is perhaps the most gorgeous newborn I have ever seen (black babies included). Now that's saying something. Who was there? Jessica, Stacey, Janelle & Breanna, Laura, Rya, Alissa, Gray, Dan, Clayton, Bryan, Ben, and Brandon dropped by for a second. Brandon makes a point to always let us know that we are not cool like his other friends, even though he readily admits what assholes they are. Whatever Brandon, whatever.

Then after everone left I watched American History X. It will sound strange, but I've never cried quite like that in a movie before. It should be required viewing. Anyway, I'm off. It's Mother's Day, and I have to stop by B&N to pick up Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations. Oh, and I'm not done with finals yet. My two professors (for whom I have to write a total of 5 papers, yes, that's right, 5) granted me extentions. They really are fabulous. I'm leaving off the semester with the regret that I'll never be able to take these classes again. This semester really has been nothing short of fabulous; this sets up a very high standard for next semester. So, you might be thinking, what did Katie learn this semester? Well, she learned more about, and saw more anal sex than she ever wanted to know or see. She feels qualified to talk about any facet of pedophilia, incest, or masochism. She learned what makes her tick about others' readings of poetry and is beginning to develop a sense of how she reads. She learned that there are very few of the most influential plays in gay and lesbian theatre that are very well written. She learned how to pronunciate, with some accuracy, Middle English lyrics. She learned that not all nature writing is horrific. (Check out Pilgrim at Tinker Creek) And obviously more, but now I'm signing off.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home